[rescue] Old stuff on resumes (was: Personal progressions (was: what to do with a dec alpha 255))

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jun 1 16:42:34 CDT 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Doug McLaren wrote:

> For OSes, who cares if I've adminned or used DomainOS?  ConvexOS?
> RiscOS?  BeOS?  Even Irix is on the way out, but I'd probably mention
> it.
>
> Do people really bother listing every language or OS they've touched
> on their resume?  Do employers care?

I do.  I've gotten questions like "what -haven't- you run or
programmed?".

I use it as an illustration that I can learn to use anything well and
that I've seen enough different ways of doing things that I understand
how things work well beyond the terms that any particular OS uses to
describe them.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."