[rescue] Stumbled on this pdp8/m? on ebay...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 1 16:10:38 CDT 2007

>From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/06/01 Fri PM 02:42:16 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Stumbled on this pdp8/m? on ebay...

<snip>

>It's too bad there's no way for people to PM others who have won
>auctions to find out their experiences with a vendor/product.  There
>was a whole spate of burnt/counterfeit Samsung memory sellers for a
>while (may still be going on), and I tried to PM a buyer about his/her
>experience.  We exchanged one message each, then eBay cut off
>communication through the internal system.  It sucks, feedback is
>good, but there needs to be more info sharing afaiac.  But they are
>pretty much the only game in town.

There was another auction house (onsale.com, IIRC) - they sold a  lot of Gateway refurbs, pieces back in the day - and they had an interesting feature, you could post a message with your bid. I once bid up a DVD drive for my laptop, all the while the other bidder was trying to convince me it wouldn't work for playing DVDs in the laptop (data only), and he needed it for a project he was working on...

It was interesting ;^)

Lionel