[rescue] some stuff I'm trying to find

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 7 23:02:07 CST 2007

John Floren wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Got a few things here, some are repeats of previous emails I'm afraid.
>
> First, is there anybody in the Rochester, NY area that has a working
> typewriter that he'd be willing to give away or sell cheaply?
>
> Second, I'm looking for a SCSI drive to go in a DEC Multia. It sounds
> like a 50-pin drive should do it; if anybody in the area has a few to
> part with, please contact me.

How big a drive do you need, and what form factor?  I have several 3.2GB
Quantum Fireball STs (1" height) and a 9GB Quantum Atlas (1.6" height).

> Lastly, does anybody want an SGI Indigo^2 R10000 machine? No hard
> drives or sleds, but otherwise in seemingly good condition. You pay
> for shipping (a few bucks for my time would be nice too) or you come
> pick it up here in Rochester. I wanted to sell it, but neither of my
> interested parties has been able to get together sufficient money to
> have it shipped, so I'm once again trying to get rid of it. I'd much
> rather have somebody pick it up, by the way. My job is shipping stuff,
> and I'm kinda tired of it ;-)

I keep being tempted by the idea of picking up an SGI box sometime.
Realistically, I don't know how much motivation I have to learn IRIX though.

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438