[rescue] 480Mhz Cpu's in an Ultra 2 Chasis? Can it be done?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 18 12:11:04 CST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 09:16, Steve Sandau wrote:
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >> Hardly. 8-)  It's one of the "Niagara" T1000 servers.
> >
> > So what, this system isn't "Vista Ready"? Why would anyone buy (or
> > accept) a system that isn't "Vista Ready"? ;^)
> >

> Personally, it would be because *I* am not "Vista Ready."
> ;-)

That could be a nice T-shirt - "Not Vista Ready" ;^)

The upgrades for a Vista Ready PC are impressive - no integrated
graphics (as a practical matter, I think *some* are good enough), a Gig
of RAM, and a GHz or better CPU (this is for the Vista Premium
experience) - the upside is nice, robust laptops are now easily
available at bog-box retailers (Best Buy, CompUSA, etc.)... Now, if they
could just unbundle the O/S from the hardware...

I had a hard time looking for a Core 2 Duo laptop with 2 Gig RAM,  nice
CPU (with 2x 2 Meg cache) and discrete video card until I decvided to
punt and get my Mac Book Pro... No regrets, and I especially like the
battery life compared with most mainstream "Vista Ready Laptops"...

Lionel