[rescue] flash failure

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Dec 31 21:48:43 CST 2007

I know this isn't classic gear... but I've got a bunch of hardware
around and I'm trying
to put together some decent boxes out of it all...

However, I downloaded the latest flash for a Gigabyte 8I845PE-RZ, which was
on F03 and working fine, and upgraded to F05.... well... says it went
fine... reboot...

*poof*... no more computer.... I'm mad as a hornet.... won't be bying
Gigabyte
products now....

Anyone know of a way to unbrick this thing, it WAS a good motherboard.

Looks like the flash is soldered to the mobo, and the manual does not
mention any
sort of floppy recovery procedure...

Failing that, anyone have any pentium 4 motherboards they don't want anymore
(please, no Williamette core mobos) ?

-- Curt