[rescue] really old SysVr4

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Thu Dec 27 21:21:24 CST 2007

On 12/27/07 8:43 PM, "slawmaster" wrote:

> I have looked at A/UX in the past, and I may try it again if somebody
> in the area offers me compatible hardware.

I'm flying to San Jose next week, but a Quadra 950 is too big to bring along
:-( A Quadra 700 is a nice A/UX box and should be cheap/free if you find
one.

A/UX is, well, weird, but not any weirder than other *nixes of that time. I
have a set of doc if you or anyone else needs something looked up.

> I would really like to get a 3b2 system, run Research Unix on it, and
> try to locate a Blit terminal to hook up. If anybody in the San
> Francisco area has any of this stuff lying around, let me know.

Aye, a Blit/DMD 5620 would be fun. I have a 3b2/310 now (free on Craigslist)
but I'd like a 5620 like I had back when. Too bad they weigh a _ton_ and so
are not exactly an easily shippable item. Blits in the Twin Cities, anyone?
<grin>

Steve