[rescue] More Qlogic on Solaris 10 + now Ethernet question

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 11:27:33 CST 2007

--- Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
> Also, my GigE card now shows up as skge1 instead of
> skge0.  How do I
> reset this on Solaris10/SPARC?

You have two choices.  1) manually edit the
/etc/path_to_inst and remove all instances of the sk
driver info & do a reconfigure boot. (make a backup
copy of /etc/path_to_inst in case you typo & your e250
doesnt boot!)  2) put the card back in its original
slot.

a deinstall & reinstall of the driver alone won't fix
the issue.

as to flashing the qla card under solaris - go to the
qlogic web site & download the firmware & instructions
on how to flash the card.  They're published & posted
for solaris as well as linux, windows etc etc.  Make
sure that you get the sparc binaries & not the intel
ones for solaris.

if it is a rebranded sgi card, it may or may not have
proprietary firmware on it - I don't remember.  But
I've flashed qla card between windows, linux & sparc
usually without any problems.

regards
steve
ft worth tx