[rescue] FS: Quicksilver 733Mhz, iBook dual USB (location: Vegas)

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:03:13 CST 2007

I have some unexpected expenses, so I need to clear out a few things.
Prices include FedEx Ground from Las Vegas to the lower 48.  I'm willing
to ship elsewhere if you'll cover the costs.  Likewise, I'll knock off a
bit if you want to pick up.

PowerMac Quicksilver G4 733Mhz
   * 120GB HD (Western Digital)
   * 1.25GB RAM
   * DVD-RW (Sony DW-Q120A) -- Works with Toast *and* Drive Utility
   * USB 2.0 Card (native busses are 1.1)
   * 32MB nVIDIA GeForce2 MX (AGP)

I have not been able to get the Firewire ports to work on it.  If FW is
a necessity for you, a PCI card should be a cheap add-on.  This has been
my daily desktop machine for 2 years+ and has been rock solid.  I'd like
to get $325 for it.

Second up:
12 in. iBook dual-USB G3 500Mhz
   * 60GB HD (Samsung)
   * 768MB RAM (512MB + soldered 128MB)
   * Airport card
   * VGA adaptor dongle so you can hook up an external monitor
   * Good battery life--the battery was purchased new during the summer
of '06 and hasn't been used much.  It still runs 2.5hrs or more.
   * A/C adaptor does not have the long cord, just the short plug

It's power input, the weak spot on the iBooks is a bit fiddly, but
working.  I wouldn't recommend this for a child's computer, though, as
it's something you need to be gentle with.

Screen has no scratches; keyboard has been kept covered with a cloth
when closed.  External case has some scratches, but nothing serious.
One of the rubber feet keeps coming out, so I've set it aside so it
doesn't get lost.  Includes a Kensington Port laptop case.

My husband was using this as his daily machine for about 9 mo, with no
issues.  10.4 ran pretty well on it for light duty.  It'd be a good
knock-about lightweight laptop for traveling.  I'd like to get $250 for it.

Either would also be good low-cost intro Macs for folks who are
considering switching.

I also have RAM (several PC2700 256MB SODIMMS, ECC PC100 2x256MB
(labelled "Advantage AMC 256M SDRAM RG")), Mac PCI SCSI cards, SBUS
cards, console games (Playstation, Playstation 2), and a 2001 Kawasaki
KLR650 for sale.  Please drop me a note if you're interested and I can
send details.

Thanks--
=Nadine=