[rescue] QLogic FC on Solaris 10

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Dec 11 09:28:33 CST 2007

Could it be a driver issue?

   I thought to use the Solaris "Leadville" drivers you had to unload
the QLogic drivers. Oh, wait -- you did and you're not seeing anything:

> I have installed the SUNWqlc package, and then did a
> boot -r, and that makes no change to prtdiag.

   I use the Leadville drivers for the built-in multipathing, though I'm
on Sol 10 U3, not OpenSolaris on my systems.

   For example, I have a T2000 with a pair of Sun-branded QLogic HBAs,
and they don't show up in prtdiag (though `cfgadm -al` shows their
devices):
----
========================= IO Configuration =========================

            IO

Location    Type  Slot Path
Name                      Model
----------- ----- ---- ---------------------------------------------
------------------------- ---------
IOBD/NET0    PCIE IOBD                /pci at 780/pci at 0/pci at 1/network at 0
network-pciex8086,105e
IOBD/NET1    PCIE IOBD              /pci at 780/pci at 0/pci at 1/network at 0,1
network-pciex8086,105e
IOBD/PCIE    PCIE IOBD                   /pci at 780/pci at 0/pci at 9/scsi at 0
scsi-pci1000,56 LSI,1064E
IOBD/PCIX    PCIX IOBD              /pci at 7c0/pci at 0/pci at 1/pci at 0/isa at 2
isa
IOBD/PCIX    PCIX IOBD              /pci at 7c0/pci at 0/pci at 1/pci at 0/usb at 5
usb-pciclass,0c0310
IOBD/PCIX    PCIX IOBD              /pci at 7c0/pci at 0/pci at 1/pci at 0/usb at 6
usb-pciclass,0c0310
IOBD/PCIX    PCIX IOBD              /pci at 7c0/pci at 0/pci at 1/pci at 0/ide at 8
ide-pci10b9,5229
IOBD/NET2    PCIE IOBD                /pci at 7c0/pci at 0/pci at 2/network at 0
network-pciex8086,105e
IOBD/NET3    PCIE IOBD              /pci at 7c0/pci at 0/pci at 2/network at 0,1
network-pciex8086,105e
IOBD/PCIE1   PCIE    1            /pci at 7c0/pci at 0/pci at 8/pci at 0/TSI,mko
TSI,mko    XVR200
----

   But I have two live connections to our SAN, so I'm not complaining.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator