[rescue] Looking for external SCA drive enclosures in Seattle

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 16:19:37 CDT 2007

Hi,

--- Devin Ganger <devin at thecabal.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have extras of those nice sturdy Sun
> multipack enclosures that
> can take 6 SCA hard drives? I'm in Seattle and a
> friend of mine just scored
> some nice RAID controllers we'd like to put into
> use.

I suspect you are refering to the 711 enclosures (?).
Note that there appear to be two varieties thereof:
the ones that I have accept *twelve* "third height"
drives; I believe another variant holds six "half
height" drives.  I have not been able to figure out
how to differentiate between the two models  :<