[rescue] SCSI/IDE laptop adapters

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Aug 28 09:13:18 CDT 2007

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> 4x 2.5" SATA notebook drives in a single 5 1/4" drive bay:
>
> http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0256061
>
> I saw one the other day, and tried real hard to think of an
> application for one of these...

Drive burn-in!

Presumably that enclosure is for notebook SATA disks, rather than server
SCSI/SAS drives.  The 2.5" server drives would likely bake themselves in
an enclosure like that unless airflow in the PC is astonishingly good
front-to-back (ever looked at the fan assemblies that tend to live
behind the 2.5" drive cages in servers?).

--
Jonathan Patschke     )
Elgin, TX            (      "I detest logging filesystems."