[rescue] laptop suggestions

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Sat Aug 25 09:36:44 CDT 2007

I recently was given a laptop (Compaq Armada (appropriate name...)
P2/266, 13GB disk, S3 ViRGE/MX graphics), and I thought I'd try to put
something interesting on it. I've been hampered by the fact that
neither BeOS nor OPENSTEP have ViRGE/MX drivers. I'm probably going to
use it for school, so it needs to have basic productivity applications.

It's looking more and more like it might be some species of BSD, but I
thought I'd ask if anyone else had ideas.