[rescue] Need Sun 3/110 RAM and Battery

Fri Aug 24 06:04:19 CDT 2007

> Just curious, are there many VME boxes still in working condition
> (assuming that the members of this list would be good candidates to
> have some of them...)

Well, I have some VME-era Sun-3s.  Specifically, I have two -3/260s,
and another -3/260 cardcage which is being used to provide power and
cooling to a -3/60 (which is mechanically VME but not electrically VME
except for power).  It's been years since I turned the -3/260s on, but
they worked last time I tried them.  The -3/60 in the other -3/260
cardcage is in routine live use.

I also have some Sun-4/470 pieces.  I think I have enough to make up a
whole machine (with some left over), but I've yet to try to put
together a working machine from them, so I can't really be certain.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca