[rescue] DG AViiON kit

John Francini francini at mac.com
Sun Aug 19 09:16:32 CDT 2007

You're right.  The last ones (just before EMC bought them and shut
down everything but storage) were Intel.  $WORK-3 had a giant-sized
NUMA contraption with 16 CPUs and a raft of (small) disks, on loan
from DG to do database characterization work. After DG got eaten by
EMC, they didn't want it back.  If I recall correctly, it stayed in
the computer room, powered off, for about 2-3 years before it finally
was sold off to a salvager.