[rescue] DG AViiON kit

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sat Aug 18 20:37:07 CDT 2007

    Greetings Rescuers!

    I finally got a chance, after a much too long wait, to begin my
investigation of a Data General AViiON AV 8500 that's "in residence"
at the Retro-Computing Society of Rhode Island.  The thing is a dual
processor Motorola 88k system with a shade more than a half-gig of
mainstore and a pair of really oddball VME I/O cards.  Sadly, there
are no internal disks so I have no idea as to whether it's bootable
or not.  Luckily, the internal SCSI chain is single-ended, so disks
should be relatively easy to procure.

    Here's the hard part:  Does anybody here on the Rescue list know
where I can score a DG/UX installation kit for the machine?  Hints
are more than welcome!

    Cheers!