[rescue] SGI Impact 10000

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:17:15 CDT 2007

Oh god, I forgot about the installer.  I used to do it every few days
at a previous job but I remember the first time.  I remember it took
several sessions involving profanity.  I would never wish it on
somebody that hasn't worked with another admin.

I actually managed to write some scripts (using Expect) to do
automated upgrades of the Irix workstations on my LAN.   I can't
imagine doing it any other way than with Expect.  Have any of you guys
had to do this sort of thing?