[rescue] SGI Impact 10000

Kevin R. Marshall kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Aug 16 14:03:49 CDT 2007

I think they ended the feature/maintenance thing a few revisions
ago (.28 or .29?)

Either way, with the free SGI Supportfolio you never got the
absolute latest maintenance for free.  Didn't you have to wait a
revision or two or was that only for Feature?

/KRM

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:55:46 -0400
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > Hopefully he means Irix 6.5 media.  In the 6.5 era (which is
nearly a
> > decade now I believe), there are two main parts.  There are
the
> > foundation disks (which have 6.5.0 on them), and then there
are the over
> > lays that give you versions like 6.5.8 or 6.5.22.  6.5.22 is
the last
> > version to run on an Indigo 2 (and 6.5.30 is the last version
period).
> > The non-bootable overlay images are available for free from
SGI's
> > website once you sign up for a free supportfolio account.
That they are