[rescue] SGI Impact 10000

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Aug 16 13:19:26 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 14:00 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I have a chance to snag an Impact 10000, exact specs unknown.  I don't
> remember the status of Sun/SGI interoperability; should a Sun monitor
> work with this?  Or is it framebuffer dependent?
>
> I'm told it works with a standard PS/2 mouse/keyboard.  Is a generic
> PS/2 keyboard fine, or are there key events recognized by the OS that
> are only generated by an SGI keyboard?

There aren't any special SGI keys.

I didn't have one PS/2 keyboard that didn't get along with my Octane
(lots of missed keystrokes, although works fine on many PCs), but others
worked fine.

I used a Sun gdm-20e20 on my Octane.  You need SoG, which shouldn't be
difficult.  You may need to pull out the sense pins of the video cable
to keep things from getting confused, although I had no trouble.