[rescue] Historical Note - BayStack 350-24T Password Reset

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 8 15:29:42 CDT 2007

>From: Dave K <davek08054 at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/08/08 Wed PM 12:38:21 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Historical Note - BayStack 350-24T Password Reset

>On 8/8/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to hold on to it for internal use on my network - my fear was that at best they were crappy switches, but if they are decent, I'm happy...
>
>I don't think we ($WORK) have any of that exact model, but all the old
>(9-12 years) Bay Networks gear we have seems to be rock solid.  Almost
>too good, as it makes it hard to justify replacement :(

It's neat that my little surplus sale "find" uncovered so many users of this old, "worthless" hardware - but then again, it is the Rescue list ;^)

That makes me two for two on managed 10/100 switches from the PU surplus sale - both this and my 3Com switch appear to work fine, I was able to get to the command interface screens on both.

That makes 48 managed 10/100 ports for $10.70 ;^)

Lionel