[rescue] Solaris 9 NFS client with Linux server

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Aug 8 05:34:33 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 10:44:08AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> The kernel NFS server ("aptitude install nfs-kernel-server") just works for
> me on Debian, with Linux and MacOS clients, over both Fast Ethernet and
> 802.11g.

Yep, likewise. I'm using it with a mix of NetBSD, FreeBSD, Linux and OS X
clients without problem (OpenSolaris too at a stage). When I still had a
Solaris 9 client system, I did have lots of funnies though. Some were
related to GNOME locking (which can be solved by forcing GConf to use local
locks), but others were just inexplicable - directories that had been
deleted were still visible on the client, etc. I never got to the bottom of
them...

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/