[rescue] Solaris 9 NFS client with Linux server

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Aug 7 06:45:15 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 07:32:14AM -0400, Steve Sandau wrote:
> I have tried different versions of the mount command including such
> options as rsize=1024 wsize=1024 proto=tcp vers=3 without changing the
> behavior at all. There is no firewall on either box, and they are on the
> same network with nothing but a 10m hub in between.

Try UDP instead of TCP. NFS over TCP is not supported well in older Linux systems
(if at all), and in a LAN adds a lot of extra uneccessary overhead.

Do you really care if the data arrives on time, in the proper sequence and
without errors from the NFS server to the client and back again? NFS checks
it again.

I'd suggest it for bridged or remote networks, but for a small LAN it does not
IMHO make a lot of sense.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838