[rescue] With all this SGI talk...

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:14:59 CDT 2007

Francois Dion wrote:
> Continuing on the SGI theme here, I have an interesting problem. I
> have two deskside machines that take too much space. I'd like to stack
> them to cut the footprint in half. Any suggestions as to how I could
> accomplish that? I would remove the wheels on the one that would go on
> top, obviously, but I dont think it would be safe to do this without
> some kind of support. Maybe some kind of shelving.

I had an IBM PC Server 704 (which is the same size as a deskside Onyx
but *slightly* lighter) sitting on top of a deskside Onyx without any
trouble.

I've often climbed on deskside machines and when I stand on it, my
weight is a lot more concentrated, and I still haven't had a collapse or
dent.  These machines are pretty strong.

Peace...  Sridhar