[rescue] Needed: XMI DSSI interface

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Aug 2 12:32:12 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Why DSSI specifically?  I've had more luck with SDI.

I wouldn't mind an SDI controller, but (1) I wasn't aware that one
exited (at least that the VAX 7000 console firmware could talk to) and
(2) DSSI drives are less power hungry and I've got more of them.  I've
got a pile of RA82s and a RA72 or two but no enclosure for the RA72s.

I wouldn't mind a SCSI adapter either, but the word on the street is
that only the Alpha version will work with SCSI controllers (though I'm
not sure I believe it).  And, I'd imagine that SCSI controllers would
be in higher demand than DSSI controllers...

Pat