[rescue] OT: Cable Question

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 2 06:51:48 CDT 2007

Dan Williams wrote:
> We have a machine which duplicates ide  12 drives. The idc connectors
> are being plugged/unplugged about 10 times a day. Does anyone know of
> anywhere that sells something more rugged or reliable then the
> standard type. They are breaking very often due to people pulling them
> too hard.

Sorry, I think you're SOL.  You can't change the connector on the
drives.  Your basic problem is you're trying to hot (well, at least
warm) plug devices and connectors that weren't mechanically designed for it.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.