[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Matthew Weigel unique at idempot.net
Fri Apr 27 15:20:24 CDT 2007

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 05:45:28PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Hey, we're still waiting for them to make a movie of "Do Androids Dream of
>> Electric Sheep?"
>
> You've never seen "Blade Runner"?

It has some... inaccuracies. :-)

> BTW, Gibson said that when he saw Blade Runner, they'd perfectly realized
> his visualization of the cities and environment in his Neuromancer/Sprawl
> series.

Sure, but someone else wrote "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Personally, I love to read Philip K. Dick for the ideas he explores, and his
style of writing; they're not always the best stories, but they're top-notch
ideas and a good starting point for further works.  Blade Runner, Total
Recall, and Screamers are all excellent movies based on excellent stories by
Dick, but with little in common except the seed of the idea.  Minority Report
wasn't so good in my opinion, but Impostor was both very true to the story and
an enjoyable movie.  I still haven't seen A Scanner Darkly or Paycheck,
although I suspect the latter is only loosely based on the story.
--
 Matthew Weigel
 hacker