[rescue] More Sys Admin (and other) Openings

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 27 11:52:15 CDT 2007

Wed, 25 Apr 2007 @ 19:25 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 03:45:38PM -0400, Kevin R. Marshall wrote:
> > WTF? Are they afraid you're gonna test a Ginsu knife on a batch of SCSI
> > cables?
> > Damn i'm glad i don't work for a bureaucracy.
>
> Also, what sysadmin *doesnt* carry around a nicely-equipped obsessively-
> sharpened multitool? [0]
>
> Bill
>
> [0] 12 years so far, and I still havent found anything I like better than
>     Leatherman's products.  I'm on my third or fourth one now, not counting
>     the "mini" or "micra" tiny-ones..

I've got an ancient one, and it almost looks new. The others are their
newer models, forget the name. A bit bulkier with somewhat nicer tools.

I like the newer little Leathermans with pliers instead of scissors. The
scissors can be a pain, literally, when working with them.

It's amazing to see all the copycat tools out there, few of which are
worth having.

All of them, Leatherman included, have gone pretty far into the trendy
market lately. Some of the stuff is neat of course, but not sure how
well built it is.

--
shannon /  Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the
-------'   range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime