[rescue] More Sys Admin (and other) Openings

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Apr 25 11:50:33 CDT 2007

Well, if Brooke can do it, so can I. :7)

   We are a .edu in Providence, RI, and we need a Unix sysadmin (mostly
Solaris, not a "senior" position), plus a DBA (mostly SQL but familiar
with Oracle), and a developer and a web developer. The sysadamin & DBA
will be on my team, and tjhe sysadmin especially is a good opening for
someone who wants to get into the .edu business.

   As the nice man told me to say, "Please apply for this job online at
http://work.jwu.edu in the 'Providence-Information Technology'
department" -- or just look at among the four posts by "bp" at
http://forums.providencegeeks.org/viewforum.php?id=5

   Also feel free to put quesiotns into an email to me.

   We are a Solaris-on-Sun shop that supports SCT Banner and Oracle
Financials, plus some third-party and homegrown applications (usually
referred to as "administrative computing" -- there's a separate group
for academic computing for our School of Technology); another team
handles the Windows stuff ilke Active Directory and some Windows-only
applications. We have an HP SAN, CommVault (with a VTL and ATABeasts &
ATABoys), Solaris 8 & 10, pretty current hardware up to V890s and
T2000s, and we're always doing some new stuff -- and the sooner we get a
few bodies in here, the sooner we can start doing more fun things.

   Thanks for reading, and apologies to all for being OT. No, wait, I
can tie this in to "Rescue"! We have an E3000 that just got powered
down, and if you come in for an interview, I will give you your choice
of our wall of Dynix hardcover manuals from the old sequent server.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & UNIX System Administrator