[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 25 05:39:14 CDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I love that - "Its in the door.  Good enough.  Fuck it."

Well, while that sentiment was definitely present, it wasn't the only
reason we left it at the door.  The name "Atomichron" is
doubly-appropriate for that device--it doesn't break down any further.
We couldn't figure out how to lift it into the living room (the diagonal
is longer than the height of most of the rooms, as well as the
negotiable distance around all the corners), and Dave was still in the
process of unpacking, anyhow.

If we had five very strong, very -thin- men, we probably could've walked
it in at just slight-enough of an angle to clear the doors, but, while
Dave, Mike, and I are reasonably strong, none of us is very tiny.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."