[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 25 01:00:39 CDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Kevin R. Marshall wrote:

> Reminds me of Dave.  I was out at his pace few months back and he had
> a large (six or seven feet tall), antique atomic clock in the living
> room.

Ugh.

Mike Hebel, an off-lister from Massachusetts, and I helped Dave -move-
that blasted thing in January.  That we ended up with all our fingers
and toes attached and no wrenched backs was nothing short of amazing.
That bastard is HEAVY[0], and not uniformly so, either.

   http://jonathan.celestrion.net/photos/florida2007/atomichron/

That bit of red panel in the right side of the last photo is a Cray
YMP-EL94, by the way. :)

[0] Not in absolute terms; the J90 and PDP 11/70 were heavier, but they
     didn't have to be -lifted- by hand.
--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."