[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Wesley Will wwill at siu.edu
Tue Apr 24 15:58:46 CDT 2007

Ron Wickersham wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>> That tape used on new printers to hold them together in shipping would
>> probably work right. It's real thin, usually red. Can you buy it
>> anywhere?
>
> i've also been looking for that tape.  it doesn't deposit a residue of
> adhesive behind when you remove it.

Look into the tape provided for covering inkjet cartridges after being
refilled.  Same stuff, a little thinner sometimes.  I used to get it by
the 25-metre roll when I was doing cartridge refills as a part of my
(very messy) living.

Incidentally, and very much on my mind right now on the topic of making
a living, as of Wednesday last week I am officially on the (at least
semi-)permanent binnacle list.  The witch doctors have placed me in a
situation that requires that I stop working at the Hell Desk and go on
disability.  (Luckily I have disability insurance, I hope it's worth
what I've been paying into it for all these years.)

Does anybody know of a telecommute sort of job can be done from home
with a decent internet connection, tech writing or editing, system admin
stuff, anything like that?  Please remember that I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER.
  Much too slow at it, and never was all that good, to be commercially
viable in that market.  I can build and run web and mail servers, file
servers, all sorts of *nix stuff, but I don't do the C++ of Java thing
as a rule.

--
wes will
that arthritic old goat