[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 24 13:25:04 CDT 2007

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 @ 11:03 +0200, Clemson, Chris said:

> > I can't understand why people resort to brute force. Usually
> > that means
> > something is wrong.
> >
> > I saw a guy the other day installing RAM in a workstation,
> > and he pushed
> > so hard on the DIMMs that the motherboard struck its tray bottom.
>
> Have you actually tried putting DIMMS or PCI cards into a cheap PC
> motherboard?
> Disturbingly, sometimes brute force is needed.

I usually find patience and a little wiggling will get the results I
need without so much force.

The other issue is that with DIMMs you really need to be pushing very
straight, or they won't seat.

I know some stuff is just junk, but most of the time when people are
using brute force, they don't know what they are doing.

--
The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it.  Only if every single citizen feels duty