[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 24 12:02:48 CDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 11:48:50AM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> It's pretty obvious, though, that the intended application was for drives
> that slot-in, and the cable was a bit of an afterthought.

Good example:  Sun x2100.  I'm *so* glad that Sun decided to use the
good-old-standard "spud" brackets on this system (you personally know
this machine as "staging").  It came with a single 80G SATA drive with
an ugly WHITE spud bracket - the drive slots in just like SCA disks do.

I quickly replaced that with two 500G SATA drives and purple spud brackets
out of a D1000 (for color).  Worked just fine.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas