[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 24 10:10:49 CDT 2007

Mon, 23 Apr 2007 @ 14:40 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 02:16:55PM -0500, Wesley Will wrote:
> > > Although, I can kind of see some of you guys sitting on the carpet, Sun
> > > workstation guts in front of you, CPU in one hand, flashlight in the
> > > other... :) :) :)
> > You forgot the anti-static strap around the wrist of the hand holding
> > the CPU, pigtail leading directly to a 4-metre copper-clad ground rod...
>
> While it may seem unorthodox to replace a CPU while sitting on the floor,
> remember that some people (or former members) on this list have things like
> electron microscopes in the living room and Cray supercomputers in the
> dining room. 8-)  We're not exactly "normal".

I actually sit at my writing desk when replacing CPUs. It has a hard
formica/rock surface which also happens to be largely static free.

My old junior high band directory was a drum geek.

The "coffee table" in his living room was a 9 foot long xylophone, he
had a set in the corner near the TV, and he had a pair of rollotom "end
tables".

His wife was... tolerant.

--
shannon           | We have nothing to prove.