[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 23 14:40:37 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 02:16:55PM -0500, Wesley Will wrote:
> > Although, I can kind of see some of you guys sitting on the carpet, Sun
> > workstation guts in front of you, CPU in one hand, flashlight in the
> > other... :) :) :)
> You forgot the anti-static strap around the wrist of the hand holding
> the CPU, pigtail leading directly to a 4-metre copper-clad ground rod...

While it may seem unorthodox to replace a CPU while sitting on the floor,
remember that some people (or former members) on this list have things like
electron microscopes in the living room and Cray supercomputers in the
dining room. 8-)  We're not exactly "normal".

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas