[rescue] Attn James Fogg

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 22 20:30:09 CDT 2007

James Fogg wrote:
>> I don't seem to be able to reach you via direct email.
>>
>> We sold the DeskJet 2500; the LaserJet 4M Plus is sitting
>> here for you if you want it.  Last call before it goes on Freecycle.
>

> Ah, found you in the spam trap. Stupid Microsoft junk.
>
> How Mac-specific is the M? And would a 4P have the required formatter
> board?

A 4M Plus is just a 4 Plus with a PostScript Level 2 SIMM in one of the
memory slots.  If you buy it as a 4M in the first place instead of
buying the PostScript SIMM separately and installing it yourself, it
also comes with a slightly different logo on the case.  There's no Mac
specificity to it at all; the M basically means it has PostScript
support, and that's all.

The 4P is sufficiently different from the 4/4M/4 Plus/4M Plus family
that I would be surprised if a 4P formatter board would work in a 4/4M/4
Plus.

I believe the correct formatter board is part # C2038-60004.  There may
be several different part numbers that will work.  The 4P's formatter
board appears to be part # C2006-69001.

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438