[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Thu Apr 19 14:09:02 CDT 2007

> " >>> Why is cable TV so hard?
>
> it isn't about service, it's about money.  cable tv is a monopoly.
> they're good at money.

Cable is all about money. That is why calls to our local cable company
number (part of one of those large chains) go to some call center where
they have to email the local office to alert them of a problem! For the
privilege of talking to the remote call center you wait for fifteen
minutes while a recorded voice tells you how important you call is to
them. Right. They know just how many operators they need to keep enough
customers to maximize their profit.

Not only that, but I made a point of calling the business support number
since this was about our broken business Internet connection. The guy
who answered wanted to know what the home phone was for the account and
if our cable TV was still working. Turns out that he answers business
and residential calls as they come in. Remember that cartoon with
premium and regular gas pumps all connecting to the same tank?

Steve S