[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 14:43:10 CDT 2007

On 15 Apr 2007, at 20:12, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 09:46:03AM +0100, Mark wrote:
>
>> I agree, Parallels is fantastic if you don't want 3D support (and
>> lets face it if you do you need a dedicated machine anyway).
>
> VMWare's 3D support is good enough to do lots of things.  I'm
> disappointed that Parallels doesn't have 3D support yet, but I'd
> imagine
> it will come eventually.

On OS X VMWare only supports Direct3D via DirectX 8.1 as far as I
know, so actually it isn't all that useful. Bring on DX9 support and
OpenGL in non-Windows environs, however, and I'll be stoked! I
presume then that VMWare on other platforms is at a more advanced
stage than the OS X version?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: