[rescue] Sun wants money for patch bundles?

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Sat Apr 14 03:05:52 CDT 2007

> " From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> "
> " You can register a (free) sunsolve account to get recommended/security
> " patches.  Other stuff requires a contract.

Interestingly,  I've seen that if I follow the link
"Recommended patch clusters"
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/patch-access
then I have to have a contract to download the bundle.
But I can view the README file.

Then, if I instead follow the other link
"Recommended and Security Patches"
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/patch-license&nav=pub-patches
then I don't need a contract, just a login, and
I can download the 9_Recommended.zip file.

But here's the interesting bit: the file sizes given
in both areas are the same (217.6M), and the
README files are identical.

So is there any difference?  Is there a list member
who has a valid Sun contract who can download
both files, and tell us?

Andrew