[rescue] Sun wants money for patch bundles?

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Fri Apr 13 15:20:25 CDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> You can register a (free) sunsolve account to get recommended/security
> patches.  Other stuff requires a contract.
>
> Bill
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:38:14PM +0200, Andrew Gaylard wrote:
> > So off I go to sun.com, click around, and try downloading the patch
> bundle.
> >
> > But I get a message saying something like "you must have a contract to
> > proceed".

Thanks Bill,

I've just stumbled across it myself.  The secret is to go to
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patchpage
and click on "Recommended and security patches".

The link that demands dollars is directly above it, and is labeled
"Recommended patch clusters", which looked like exactly what
I wanted (but wasn't, obviously).

Sorry for the noise on the list.  My blood pressure's back to normal.

Andrew