[rescue] Restoring yellowed computer cases...

Mark Brown sunrescue at marknmel.com
Wed Apr 11 17:39:02 CDT 2007

> crazy skinned foam material) and then *painted* with a special vinyl paint.
> Although I have never tried it, I would imagine that a paint that sticks
> well to vinyl would also stick well to plastic, if the plastic were cleaned
> first.

I've done this, but only as a case colour change, beige to black.  Not
for purists that want to maintain the nice boring beige colour.

I have changed floppy and cdrom bezels this way as well. Looks pretty
nice and maintains the texture pretty well.

Automotive stores seem to carry vinyl dye for the purposes of repair
from UV bleach/damage or colour change, if one was to paint their
vehicle a different colour.

/M