[rescue] Google Map - My Map feature

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Apr 10 10:18:06 CDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 02:42:35PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> That'd be Redmond then.

Somebody convinced T.J. Watson Sr. (the head of IBM) that in the 1950's.
I don't know much about him but Doctor Stranglove was modeled after him.

Due to his convincing, Watson moved IBM's headquaters from Manhatten
(55 Park Avenue) to some small town no one had ever heard of in upstate
New York.

FYI: we have army issued gas mask kits (mask, atropine, etc) which are
about to be traded in because they no longer fit my children and the
medicine has expired. We live in an apartment built in 1956 and
renovated in the 1980s, so we don;t have one, but any dwelling built since
1991 here has to have a "security room" which can stand a near hit by
a missle, and be made airtight.

My neighbor renovated a second floor apartment which could not be upgraded
so he was required to renovate the air raid shelter that was in his
building. When it was built it was basicly a windowless room under
an apartment, as long as I was here it was a closet or junk room.

He had to clean it out, expand it with thick walls, add an air filter,
toilet, telephone line, battery powered lights, patch any leaks, etc.

He even had to put in stairs down to it from outside.

This was a few months ago.

It's NOT FUD. People who lived from the norther border to Haifa spent a
month in their's this summer, and people on the Gaza border GO into them
several times each day.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838