[rescue] Wanted: 2 SS1000E boards

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Sun Apr 8 17:09:07 CDT 2007

> I'd like two CPU/Mem boards for a SparcServer 1000E.
>
> I've got an SS1000E with two empty slots, and plenty of RAM and CPU's, so I
> figured if I could find the boards I'd plump it out and be done.
>
> I can trade 1 or 2 SS1000 boards if necessary. There is a difference; if
> you're not sure what you've got, I can give you the various part numbers
> from the FEH.
>
> I guess if you have a huge stash of SM-81's I'd like to hear from you, too,
> but I'm not going to spend much on this guy.

I have a couple of boards from a 1000 of some type, but I don't know if
it was an E or not. If they won't work for Steve H and someone else
would like them, cost of shipping will be fine.

I seem to remember that I couldn't get the CPUs in one to work, but that
was the one with an older PROM chip, I think. In any case, I believe
that they are both full of memory, too.

Steve S