[rescue] More IRIX questions: why won't it boot from my 6.5.24 CDs?

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sun Apr 8 00:13:13 CDT 2007

On Apr 7, 2007, at 23:56, Kevin wrote:

> Are you using SGI media or CDRs?  As stated here, i'm sure it could be
> done, but i've never had success using burned media for foundation
> installs.  Once you get a base OS on there, it's all gravy from
> then on
> out.

<cough>CDRs</cough>. They ended up working, too - the install was
just finished an hour ago or so. I'm running through the "Secure your
system" part of initial setup right now.

> With the way things have gone with IRIX and SGI, it might be
> advantageous
> for us to spend some time trying to figure out how to successfully
> copy the
> EFS CDs into an image that could be copied using any platform....

My images are stored and burned from a number of non-IRIX operating
systems - Linux, Solaris, and Mac OS X.

(If you want to "take a look" at what I've got, email me, as always.)

  - Micah