[rescue] I got a new Octane! Why can't I talk to it?

jodys at helluin.org jodys at helluin.org
Thu Apr 5 03:05:08 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:55:19AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> There are actually only 10 pins in the middle.  (One glance makes it
> obvious the number is even, and it's not hard to count the pairs and
> find there are five of them.)  I believe the 3 in W3 gets added to the
> 10 to give the 13.  (There's a somewhat similar connector, in a DA
> shell I think, with just the 3 co-ax connectors, which is called 3W3.)

Well color me embarrassed, I wasn't even thinking when I said 13 pins...
There is also a Dsub style connector with *5* coaxial connection, I have
one on my SGI Video for Impact card. I despair of *ever* finding a cable
for that.

[snipped, story about 13w3 adapters]

Aye. The whole business is just a bit too confusing for me. Connector
conspiracy, I tell ya!

Jody