[rescue] U60 Serial Console Question

Brian Deloria bdeloria at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:27:40 CDT 2007

Got an Ultra 60 that crashed over the weekend, left a fatal error FATAL
after rebooting.  Basically meaning it's the video / cpu / motherboard, more
likely the cpu/motherboard.  ran a `prtdiag` to see if it was complaining
about anything, and it wasn't.

At this point I'm looking to catch the specific crash information, and
according to what I've read I need to have a serial console connection
active.  We normally boot the machine with a monitor and keyboard and from
what I've read if you boot with a framebuffer you can't get console output
persee.

At any rate, I'm unsure of the port that I should be connecting to, the
second thing that I'm unsure of is whether or not it will output the next
time that it crashes.  At any rate any input would be appreciated, I'd
prefer to avoid rebooting etc.

Thanks,

Brian