[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 28 12:29:59 CDT 2006

Fri, 27 Oct 2006 @ 18:04 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 05:06:32PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Name something that is mission criticial in any sort of real world
> > sense.
>
> *.root-servers.net.
>
> > You won't be able to name *ANYTHING* that some part of the world will
> > not just yawn at.
>
> If *.root-servers.net goes down, shit hits the fan.

I would agree.

My point was that someone out there would disagree because they don't
care, and I don't just mean people who don't use computers.

In other words, defining "mission critical" is a religious war in many
ways.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]