[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Oct 27 19:59:32 CDT 2006

On 27 Oct 2006, at 11:19, Steven Hill wrote:
[...]
> Just more time, since people who think they know best keep on fucking
> about with it, and breaking things.

I'd say that you've only encountered rabid Linux weenies, as opposed
to seasoned sysadmins who see it as Just Another Unix.

> But what doesn't work for me and my millions of pounds per hour
> production line might work for you on your desk, so what do I know?

I've seen some of the code shuffling billions of pounds in the City.
Quite frankly, the particular operating system in use is the last of
your worries given how incompetently-written some of that so-called
code is.

Windows ME and Visual BASIC would probably *improve* a lot of it.