[rescue] Using old MC5 terminal on Sun Fire V210

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Oct 11 09:17:58 CDT 2006

Shel wrote:

> Try disabling _all_ handshaking and flow control on the terminal.

   Yeah, I had. But while I was in checking on this I alo set the terminal to
Half Duplex (instead of Full) and now I see my input mixed in among the
excruciating POST results. So that's *something* anyway.

   Now I see the banner for the factory-installed Solaris 10 come up and I am
asked to pick a language, but it hangs after I type a zero and hit Return.
This is a serial terminal, so I don't have a Stop key with which to interrupt
it. ARGH! The #. break doesn't interrupt it, either.

   The banner admits that I have a keyboard installed, which it then ignores.
The keyboard is in a handy-dandy rack-mount LCD/KVM/keyboard unit that works
so well once the server actually boots.

   I have a feeling I'm getting frustrated and not thinking clearly here.
Time for a walk! :7)

- Will