[rescue] Sun SCSI cables

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Wed Oct 11 03:17:35 CDT 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to move my various peripherals into
611-type cases.  Hopefully, get things a bit better
organized.

These stack nicely with ~12" (WIDE SCSI) cables to
daisy chain from the OUT of one to the IN of the next.

But, some *other* cases aren't quite as well-behaved.

For example, stacking anything atop a 711 case requires
a slightly longer cable to tether the 711 to the 611.
Likewise, a 622 (?) needs a "cable stretcher" to span
the gap to an adjacent 711/611/etc.

Did Sun make *slightly* longer wide cables?  Like 18"?
Obviously, I want to use short cables to keep the chain
as short as possible...

And, can anyone suggest a good source for the ~12"
and similar cables?

Is there anything else I should be wary of?

Thanks!
--don