[rescue] sun solaris 10 and studio 11 free dvds

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 30 12:41:34 CST 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/11/30 Thu PM 12:23:01 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] sun solaris 10 and studio 11 free dvds

>Thu, 30 Nov 2006 @ 11:42 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:
>
>> Or setting up a network install server (allowing you to easily install
>> or upgrade on non-DVD drive equipped workstations)...
>>
>> That's my plan ;^)
>
>Somewhat related... do these run OK under emulation on NetBSD or
>FreeBSD, or are there too many hooks into Solaris for that to work?

Not sure what you're getting at - are you asking if the "install server" and "add client" scripts (not their real names) will run on NetBSD or FreeBSD, or are you asking if you can access the files on the DVDs?

All I was getting at was that many of my older systems lack DVD drives, and shoveling in several CD-ROMs is so '90s ;^) Besides, I suspect the free media sets are complete, which means they include the documentation, language and freeware software as well...

Lionel